Hong-Hu Zhu is a professor of engineering geology and geotechnics and the dean of the Institute of Earth Exploration and Sensing at Nanjing University, China. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Geotechnical Engineering from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. His research interests lie primarily in fiber optic monitoring and stability evaluation of geohazards. In the past decade, he has co-authored 2 books, 10 patents, and over 80 international journal and conference papers.
▌ RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Interfacial behavior in engineering geology and geotechnics
- Multi-source and multi-field smart monitoring of underground space
- Geohazard assessment and mitigation
▌ LATEST PUBLICATIONS
- Ye, X., Zhu, H.-H.*, Wang, J., et al. (2022). Subsurface multi-physical monitoring of a reservoir landslide with the fiber-optic nerve system. Geophysical Research Letters, 49(11), e2022GL098211.
- Zhu, H.-H., Wang, D.Y., Shi, B., et al. (2022). Performance monitoring of a curved shield tunnel during adjacent excavations using fiber optic nervous sensing system. Tunn. Undergr. Space Technol.. 124, 104483.| More…
▌ FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES
- 20th World Conference on Non-Destructive Testing, Seoul, Korea, July 3-7, 2022.
- XIV Congress of the International Association for Engineering Geology and the Environment, Chengdu, China, Sept. 21-27, 2023